Dusty Penguin

Child of God and in love with my Lord. Wife of a wonderful man. Mother of a young adult, two teens, and a miscellaneous menagerie of furry and finned creatures. Work full-time outside of home and as little as possible at home:)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedarville, Ohio

Friday, June 27, 2008

Graduation Pictures

The graduates present roses to their loved ones. Here is Jeremiah giving me mine and Alesha's. He gave one to his grandmother (Duane's mom), the one for his other grandmother who wasn't able to be there he gave to Heather, and he gave one to Erika. He's a sweet boy.

The graduation video I posted separately, so here we are after graduation--the family.

After wondering up to the last minute whether or not Jeremiah would graduate, you can imagine our surprise when he received 2 awards!! He has them right now, so I can't tell you the full names of them, but one was given to the 3 seniors with the most community service hours, and that one was a $100 gift. The other was for the student who had made a significant contribution to the music program of the school, and that was a $25.00 gift. So we were very proud of him, and thankful that there are some non-academic awards being given.

Jeremiah is crouched down in this picture, so he would be closer to Heather's height. She just got her hair cut and layered, and it really makes her look different. After graduation they went with a bunch of other senior friends to supper at a Chinese restaurant. (She is not a senior and goes to a different school).
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Suellen Black said...

I have been staying wtih Ruth since I arrived and we talked about how we could get there. She really wishes she could have made it... for the party. But it doesn't look possible. Tell Jeremiah congrats! Glad it is a good weekend!

Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

Wish you could both come visit.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I wasn't there. I can't believe he bought me a rose...(sniffle) I should've been in that picture with y'all! I hope he knows how proud I am of him and how much I wish I could've been there. Dadgummit you're gonna make me cry

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he going to go to Cedarville? That's where Jordan and Phillip are at this week for an engineering camp.

Laura

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

Yep, Lesher, we wish you coulda been here.

He's applying to Cedarville and Le Tourneau.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home