Dusty Penguin

Child of God and in love with my Lord. Wife of a wonderful man. Mother of a young adult, two teens, and a miscellaneous menagerie of furry and finned creatures. Work full-time outside of home and as little as possible at home:)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedarville, Ohio

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Military Ball continued































After we all received our corsages we took photos, then headed up to Buffalo to the Connecticut Street Armory where the ball was being held. It was difficult to take good photos inside with the dimmed lighting, but their website has very good photos. If you think of an armory as a glorified garage, think again! This armory has beautful woodwork everywhere, and the entire building is truly a work of art. http://ah.phpwebhosting.com/a/conn/184/tc.html. The grand hall was beautifully decorated and this was no paper plate affair! The dishes and glasses were beautiful and the food was delicious. Duane took us on a full 3-floor guided tour, as that is the building the New York Guard has their office in. The program was very nice as well, with the highlight of course being when Duane received the award for "Soldier of the Year" for the western NY Guard.





Well, there are lots more pictures, but I don't have time to post them all, nor do you probably want to see them all! But for more pictures go up to the top where my blogging friends are and click on Bean's Blog. She posted some great slide shows with lots of pictures.

5 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Hey Natalie, It is me, the short-term teacher, Amanda! I found your blog via Joanne's, what a surprise! The funny thing is (long story short) I was just praying about your family about two weeks ago! Check out our blog balutzfamily.blogspot.com. I had fun scrolling through yours...we had a crazy week last week, so I will have to read more carefully this time around!

Sunday, June 03, 2007 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger Hannatu said...

Ahh! The rest of the story! Congratulate Duane for me!!!! I knew he was in CAP, but didn't know he was in the Reserves.

Monday, June 04, 2007 1:22:00 AM  
Blogger Hannatu said...

P.S. You and Erika look gorgeous and the guys look so handsome. Also, I don't see the blogging friends.... :(

Monday, June 04, 2007 1:31:00 AM  
Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

The blogging friends disappeared when my blog converted over to the new format last night, so I'll have to figure out how to put them back in their. How cool to hear from you Amanda! I love that photo! I'll check out your blogspot!

Monday, June 04, 2007 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

O.k., I reverted it back to the old blog template. It was a big mistake to switch to the new one! So, now the link is there to Bean's Blog. Also, Duane isn't in the Reserves. He's in the NYGuard, which is different. It's confusing to explain. It's part of the army, but a lower tier than the Reserves. It is a state militia, and generally they only serve within the state. They cannot ever be called up to active duty, but they could be loaned to another state under special circumstances. He was too old to get into the reserves, although he really wanted to.

Monday, June 04, 2007 7:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home