Dusty Penguin

Child of God and in love with my Lord. Wife of a wonderful man. Mother of a young adult, two teens, and a miscellaneous menagerie of furry and finned creatures. Work full-time outside of home and as little as possible at home:)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedarville, Ohio

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Drywalling Erika's room

For those who are interested, here is the progress upstairs on what will be Erika's room. These little cubbies are over the stairwell going downstairs. Picture a couple of shelves in them for plastic bins to slide into for storage. The little triangle spaces at the bottom can hold a rolled up blanket or something. Duane says it's almost impossible to do the mudding in there. They are deeper than they appear, because that's the whole width of the stairwell. To the right (behind the ladder) is the closet, which is the old landing that led into the big room (previously the girls' room, now Jeremiah's room). Are you confused yet? This room that will be Erika's room used to be the bathroom. We gained a few extra feet of space from the hallway/walkway.

Here is Duane doing some mudding, and you can see the closet door behind him. He wears tennis elbow braces on both arms because he has tennis elbow in both arms and all this work on the house keeps it flared up all the time.
This is the opposite side of the room. The room has one window and some cute ceiling angles that will give it character. By the way, several of you will probably think that's me in the photo, but it's Erika. If I didn't know it was her shirt, I probably couldn't tell! So, first coat of mudding is done, 2 to go, then paint, trim, and carpet. It all moves along slowly, and Duane puts in a few hours every night. He is trying to do some work outside on the days it's not raining.
Meanwhile, I am packing up books, getting rid of books, and sorting through files and throwing away stuff in the "office" because that has to emptied out to become the master bathroom. I'll help paint when the drywall work is done, but for now I can do this job. I'm also working a little at a time on my ABWE application which has lots and lots of parts and is very long. I just finished the theological exam part last night.Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Suellen Black said...

I just flipped through Sinclairville. (went to a wedding on Saturday, church in Cherry Creek on Sunday and back to West Virginia on Monday) While I was there, I was asked if I knew you. I also shared some good laughs with Kevin Oakes at FBC Cherry Creek about changing a well pump thanks to internet and Duane! Have a good week the house looks great.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, I love it that you're posting so I know whats going on since you never call me. Your phone makes calls as well as receives them you know! lol. Anyway, I lived in that house and I'm still confused about what's where...huh?
Love you

Monday, July 21, 2008 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

You almost have to see a drawing, it is so different. I'll see if I can scan and upload a drawing of the upstairs--before and after.

Yeah, I know...I have a cell phone so I can use it....I missed Aunt Nancy's call from Niger:(

Monday, July 21, 2008 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Hannatu said...

Yeah, you did. I called 3 times. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY late!!! :) I'm also confused. OK, where Duane is mudding and Erika is watching, is he standing where the toilet used to be? But I really don't get the stairs or the closet.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger Hannatu said...

Yeah, you did. I called 3 times. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY late!!! :) I'm also confused. OK, where Duane is mudding and Erika is watching, is he standing where the toilet used to be? But I really don't get the stairs or the closet.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home