Dusty Penguin

Child of God and in love with my Lord. Wife of a wonderful man. Mother of a young adult, two teens, and a miscellaneous menagerie of furry and finned creatures. Work full-time outside of home and as little as possible at home:)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedarville, Ohio

Monday, June 04, 2007

More About Work




I forgot to show you the view from our windows at work! I told you it is a ski resort town. Well, from the window behind Jeanette's desk area we can see the slopes.



Jeanette is a skiier (I am not!!), so it is agony for her to sit inside and work on a beautiful ski day!





The view from our kitchen window afforded us regular deer and turkey sightings all winter and now that it is spring, we have Canadian geese and a variety of birds. The dentist keeps multiple bird feeders. This spring I have seen my first Oriole.




The ski resort is what provided me with my second job this winter! Because of the high number of ski injuries, Northtown Orthopedics has open "trauma hours" during the winter months. They have their regular daytime office hours, then several docs take turns coming in for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Northtowns Orthopedics is the office right next to us.

This winter their office manager asked me to work some evening and weekend hours for them. So, Thursday and Friday nights after a full day of work at my office, I would go next door and work another 3-5 hours. Then I would go in Saturday afternoon and work from 2:00 till closing (10:00 or later, depending on injuries). I really enjoyed working there as well, and it was great experience. Sometimes I got confused which office I was working in and did things the wrong way! By the end of ski season, though, I was exhausted. In this picture is the doc who spends most of the time in this clinic.

So now you know all about my work!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hannatu said...

All that overtime makes me tired just to think about it! I hope now that it's summer you don't have to work so hard.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 6:24:00 PM  
Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

It was very tiring, but I really enjoyed it. But I'm glad I don't have to do it during the summer! I'm trying to leave work a little earlier, too.

Friday, June 08, 2007 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Hannatu said...

Please tell the Bean family I enjoyed the ball pictures. I couldn't comment because I'm not a member of her site and don't feel like joining another one!

Friday, June 08, 2007 4:11:00 PM  
Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

I'll tell her. That's why I don't comment on various sites. I don't want to join!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home