Dusty Penguin

Child of God and in love with my Lord. Wife of a wonderful man. Mother of a young adult, two teens, and a miscellaneous menagerie of furry and finned creatures. Work full-time outside of home and as little as possible at home:)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedarville, Ohio

Monday, October 01, 2007

Shopping Spreeeee!

Where can you buy an entire winter wardrobe in one afternoon and not break the bank? Well, at my favorite boutique of course! Salvation Army! Last week Erika and I did some serious shopping. Now one can't hurry through Salvation Army if you expect to find any treasures. I think we were there at least 3 hours. And treasures we did find!





Erika found a dress that she thought was very pretty. I looked at it and said, "That's a vintage dress!" She decided to buy it as it fit her perfectly and looked very nice on her. When we got home I did quite a bit of internet research but didn't have much success finding other items by the same manufacturer. The one I did find that was very similar in style but not nearly as elegant was dated in the 1940s and was selling for about $70.00. You can be sure Erika didn't pay that for her dress! We were shopping half price tags, too! She also got a pretty "Joseph's" corduroy coat (multi-colored) for fall, a pair of dress boots, and a beautiful leather pair of high heels.



I was just shopping for outfits to wear to work. This is my haul. I guess the picture is too dark to see much. On the end is a wool maroon skirt. The white blouse with it was brand new-still had the tag on it. Next in is a brown wool pleated skirt, and a tannish colored light-weight sweater. Above that is a blue/green plaid pants and suit jacket (wool) with a navy blue turtle neck. And to the far right is a red/black plaid skirt with a white blouse and red knit vest.



Here is the other half of my haul. You can see the rest of the red and black outfit. Next to that is blue cordoroy pants and a lighter blue sweater. Above it is light grey wool pants and a multicolored sweater. And to the right is a pair of maroonish/tan/plaidish pants and a sweater to match, and a pair of faux suede turquoise pants and a turquoise sweater. Not bad huh?


And finally, this fall jumper (the print is apples and green leaves), which I wore to work today.
Anyone out there need a personal shopper?
P.S. This post is mainly for my sister who wanted to see what I wear to work since I wore uniforms to my last 2 jobs!


4 Comments:

Blogger Hannatu said...

Well done! I probably would have quit after the first outfit! I doubt I ever would have found anything to match anything else! Erika's dress is gorgeous, too! Next project for Duane...a huge walk-in closet!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

What fun! My boys are still too young to be able to really "dedicate" that kind of time to find the really good stuff (maybe they will never be old enough because they are boys??)

Nontheless, looks like you two had a great time & good work too!

Thursday, October 04, 2007 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Aji said...

Didn't you used to frequent the clothes piles at the luma too? And Emilie's? Looks like you found some good stuff though.

Joanne

Friday, October 12, 2007 7:05:00 AM  
Blogger Dusty Penguin said...

Now, I hadn't thought of it that way, Joanne! It's just a luma pile on hangers under a roof! No wonder I enjoy it.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 6:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home